Monday, August 28, 2006

I'm Back!

I'm not sure if anyone actually reads this blog anymore, but if they do hello and welcome back. A lot has happened since I last posted (which was November so undoubtedly a lot was going to have happened), so here's a quick rundown.

I have finally graduated from the University of Geordie Land and got a 2:1, so am officially graced with a BSc (Hons) degree in Pharmacology which all sounds very posh but doesn't seem to have landed me a job yet!

Have moved South for a while, mainly because of the reason listed below, but also because after 4 years in the same city at uni and having spent the 2 years prior to uni living in the same region of the UK (the North East) I fancied a change of scenery. Plus, I thought my job prospects maybe a little better here. I'm possibly not stopping here permanently, but definitely for the forseeable future.

The boyfriend I had, J, became my fiancé in April but then became my ex-fiancé about a week ago due to facts that he seemed to be finding a certain FY1 doctor more attractive than myself, so not being a glutton for punishment, or prepared to be made a fool of, he was swiftly dumped.

Am presenting looking for a job related to pharmacology that doesn't involve me working for an evil drug company, not that drug companies are evil (well there are a few exceptions...) just that I know I would hate working for one. So far I haven't really found anything and guess I may be being a little fussy as I know that I want to work in toxicology and the majority of posts require post-graduate training, but a girl can dream, or try desperately hard to convince the interview panel that I can do the job without the requisite MSc after my name.

Other than that, things are pretty much the same. Went through a bad patch last winter and in May but that was related to the research project (dissertation) and then the prospect of facing finals. My GP referred me to psychotherapy, where I underwent 2 assessment appointments and vowed never to go back for the third, I don't think the concept is for me. Since leaving university I have had no contact with mental health professionals and have recently come off the happy pills that were prescribed shortly before the end of term.

I am trying to make a fresh start, I am not sure how far I'll get, but it involves maintaining this blog more.

5 Comments:

At 8:09 AM, Blogger zinkibaru said...

Cool to see your blog :) I hope you manage to find a job you like and that the move does provide a fresh start for you

 
At 3:54 AM, Blogger Sarah Louise Parry said...

Nice to see that you've started blogging again. It's always nice to un-earth a new British blog, I just found your blog on a Brit blog directory, as all I kept finding were American blogs :)I really like your witty writing style and have linked you to my blog-roll.

 
At 9:45 AM, Blogger Lis said...

Thanks Sarah Louise, it's always nice to have a compliment thrown in my direction.

Thank you for adding me to your blogroll, I'll do the same.

Lis

PS. Like your blog too, very to the point about your feelings.

 
At 1:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks a lot for your advice guys, it helped me a lot, I went to www.saveabreakup.com and followed their step by step instructions and it worked perfectly, now me and my girlfriend are back together.

 
At 1:26 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I was able to get my ex back after I followed the instructions at www.saveabreakup.com I totally recommend this site, saveabreakup.com helped me a lot, all I can say is big THANKS!!! I'm so happy now...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home